Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black equals Power Pink equals Tranquility

"Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black also implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God. Some fashion experts say a woman wearing black implies submission to men. Black outfits can also be overpowering, or make the wearer seem aloof or evil. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black.
The most romantic color, pink, is more tranquilizing. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker rooms used by opposing teams bright pink so their opponents will lose energy."
(http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html)

So what do black and pink mean when put together?? I used to wear black and pink all the time when I had to dress up for work. I guess it would say, I am powerful, yet I still have a feminine side! Which is really true for me.

One of my favorite movies was Legally Blond. It was all about the color! Actually now that I think about it, thats kinda what the movie signified. She wore pink to everything, yet she was going to Harvard (or Yale cant remember), and they all thought she was just fluff and sweetness.
So I think pink and black would make a good statement! And contrary to popular belief, redheads CAN wear PINK! I do it all the time :o)

1 comment: