Wednesday, December 17, 2008

re: Caylee Anthony

I realize this has nothing to do with crafting or sock monkeys, but a blog is supposed to be our thoughts and fears, and happiness and sadness right?
Well, I have been following the tragic case of a missing toddler from Florida named Caylee Marie Anthony. Her mother did not report her missing for 31 days. Finally, her mother cornered her and MADE her tell where Caylee was at, and the mother, Casey Anthony, then blames it all on a phantom "nanny". This was first reported on my wedding anniversary, July 16th. I haven't slept good since that time! I don't know if it is due to my having children, or just a love for other humans, but it has bothered me and as my husband has said, has kept me obsessed since the story broke.
I have literally prayed EVERY day, that God would allow little Caylee to be found, one way or another, whether dead or alive. Although, in my heart, I have always felt she was no longer alive. Last thursday, after MONTHS of search crews searching, a utility worker from Florida went into the woods, near the Anthony home to relieve himself and saw a black garbage bag. Apparently, he instantly thought of Caylee, because he reached out and kicked the bag, only to his horror to have a skull roll out!
Well, this broke out into a media frenzy. What I thought might never be, is happening. God has allowed her tiny body to be found.
I am so thankful, that she can be properly laid to rest. I feel so badly for her family. I know they hoped and hoped that she truley was still alive, although, I think they knew that she probably wasn't.
I am currently going to school to become a nurse after many years of hem hawing around and not getting it done. I think that is why I am always interested in cases. I love the show the FIRST 48. I guess I just want closure for all those families. To me, that would be SO awful to have your child go missing, and have NO idea where to look! Of course, in this case, the mother is reportedly the one who has killed the child.
I just don't understand that! How can a mother not love her child?? I mean, even if she went into a fit of rage and did something to hurt the baby, and God forbid, the baby died. How then could the mother stuff her little body in a TRASH BAG????? I just cannot comprehend it.
Although I am relieved, I am also saddened. I want to do something to help remember this little girl that I never knew. I don't know what yet, but I am thinking. I have already donated numerous times to the search efforts, I want to do something more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment