Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Interesting facts about the color BLACK

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html

Since tonights feature is on the color black, I thought I would search some interesting facts on it!
Black
Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black also implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God. Some fashion experts say a woman wearing black implies submission to men. (dont know who came up with that but I totally do not believe it!! I wear black all the time, and just ask my husband if I am submissive lol! NOT!)
Black outfits can also be overpowering, or make the wearer seem aloof or evil. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black.

While blue is one of the most popular colors it is one of the least appetizing. Blue food is rare in nature. Food researchers say that when humans searched for food, they learned to avoid toxic or spoiled objects, which were often blue, black, or purple. Because of this, black is considered an appetite suppressant.
(Thats it! I was already in love with the color black anyway, NOW I am for sure, I will never wear colors again! hmmm, but what about my other favorite PINK.......)

No comments:

Post a Comment